MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012 (Live Labs Included)
Enhance knowledge, skills and employment prospects by becoming a Microsoft Server Infrastructure Solutions Expert. This 5 module course is essential preparation for IT professionals seeking to consolidate and quantify their experience, or to sit the MCSE Server Infrastructure exams.
Students can expect to gain a complete understanding of the Windows Server 2012 platform, from the basics of installing the operating system, to deployment across a multi-site, multi-domain network. Advanced topics will enable students to design and build a robust, secure server infrastructure that uses the latest technologies to improve data availability and access for improved business operations.
Students can also recreate course scenarios using the online Practice-Labs that gives access to dedicated hardware and software. In this way participants can practice techniques to extend their technical knowledge and experiences without risking their live systems or needing to construct a costly test environment. Consequently students will fully understand the concepts behind Microsoft Windows Server 2012, and develop the skills needed to properly manage, maintain and troubleshoot servers as they would in any enterprise-class datacenter.
The MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012 course is essential training for system administrators and network engineers who need to sharpen their skills, or work towards qualification as part of their continuing professional development.
Learn more about practice labs
View more about Practice Labs
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Training begins by familiarising delegates with the fundamentals of working with Microsoft Windows Server 2012:
- Installing and configuring Server 2012 including basic hardware and permissions configuration.
- Configuring key OS services including file sharing, print serving and networking roles.
- Creating Active Directory users and computers and the Group Policy Objects (GPOs) required to manage a corporate network.
- Using built-in security tools to restrict access to data, applications and other key network resources.
Once the core principles behind installing and configuring a Windows 2012 Server have been grasped, training then moves on to concentrate on the skills needed by an IT professional to keep the server running in peak condition:
- Simplifying server and patch deployment using images.
- Improving data security and access using Distributed File Systems (DFS), File Server Resource Manager (FSRM), file and disk encryption.
- Monitoring and auditing servers to identify and resolve potential problems.
- Networking concepts including VPNs, Network Policy Server (NPS) and policies, Network Access Protection (NAP).
- Managing the wider network efficiently with Domain Controllers, service authentication, Active Directory, account policies and GPOs.
The third section of the course is a deep-dive into the advanced services required to maintain an enterprise-class operating environment. Students will learn:
- How and why to configure Network Load Balancing (NLB) and failover clustering for maximum resource availability.
- Installing and managing Windows Server 2012 in a Virtual Machine (VM) environment.
- Managing storage and backups, server recovery and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Advanced network management using DHCP, DNS, IPAM and Active Directory domains, forests trusts and sites.
- Securing enterprise network resources using Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), Active Directory Certificate Services (ADCS) and Active Directory Rights Management Services (ADRMS).
The course then moves onto considering the integration of Windows Server into a wider operating environment, and building the infrastructure required to support operations:
- Carrying out server upgrades and migrations, and building the infrastructure required for rapid deployment of future server resources.
- Building a secure corporate network using Active Directory services and Group Policy Objects to restrict network access, share files and manage storage.
- Design and maintain the networking infrastructure required to support an enterprise-class network including domain infrastructure, name resolution, IP configuration and address management.
Finally the course concludes by consolidating the student’s existing level of knowledge before explaining the use of advanced Windows Server 2012 services and functions. Topics studied include:
- The planning, build, deployment and management of virtual machines using System Center 2012 in a specially designed enterprise datacentre.
- Using Information Rights Management (IRM), Identity Federation and Public Key Infrastructure to create additional layers of security for corporate network resources.
- Designing a high-availability infrastructure and accompanying business continuity strategy to reduce downtime in the event of a local disaster.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
The MCSE Server 2012 Infrastructure is essential for system administrators who need:
- All the training and resources needed to prepare for the MCSA Windows Server 2012 exam, also laying the foundations for obtaining the MCSE Server Infrastructure qualification.
- To develop real-world skills to back up server installation and management theory using Microsoft-approved course materials.
- To install, configure and maintain Windows Server 2012 and advanced services for optimum performance and reliability.
- To master the techniques required deploy, configure and manage Active Directory and associated services.
- To construct, deploy and manage an advanced Windows Server 2012 network and operating environment.
- To build a virtualised Server 2012 infrastructure that maximises datacentre resources and offers scope for future business growth.
The MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012 course is essential for IT professionals who want to improve their server and network management skills, or gain the knowledge and experience required to pass their MCSA and MCSE exams.
Live Labs help to improve your understanding of specific exam objectives and provide direction on how to carry out actions in real world scenarios.
Microsoft 70-413: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure Course Curriculum
Plan and Deploy Infrastructure
Planning and Implementing
Planning and Implementing Server Upgrade and Migration
Planning and Deploying Virtual Machine Manager Resources
Planning and Implementing File and Storage Services
Design and Implement Network infrastructure Services
Design And Maintain a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Solution
Design a Name Resolution Solution Strategy
Design and Manage an IP Address Management Solution
Design and Implement Network Access Services
Design a VPN Solution
Design a Direct Access Solution
Implement a Scalable Remote Access Solution
Design and Implement a Network Protection Solution
Design and Implement an Active Directory Infrastructure
Design a Forest and Domain Infrastructure
Implement a Forest and Domain Infrastructure
Design a Group Policy Strategy
Design an Active Directory Permission Model
Design and Implement an Active Directory Infrastructure (Physical)
Design an Active Directory Site Topology
Design a Domain Controller Strategy
Design and Implement s Branch Office Infrastructure
Learning Microsoft 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure Course Curriculum
Manage and Maintain a Server Infrastructure
Plan and Implement a Highly Available Enterprise Infrastructure
Plan and Implement a Server Virtualization Infrastructure
Design and Implement Identity and Access Solutions
Microsoft 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
Microsoft 70-411: Administering Windows Server 2012
Microsoft 70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
|MCSE Server Infrastructure|
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above