Home & Garden Diploma Package (EC112382)
Embark on a new career or boost your current business with this valuable qualification. Gardening is an in-demand professions and undertaking certified training from GDMD can dramatically improve your earning potential.Save money by performing simple repairs and basic plumbing yourself, rather than calling in an expensive contractor. In this course you will learn the basics of home maintenance, interior design and renovation.
Gain valuable insight and understanding into home maintenance, interior design and renovation. Save money by performing simple repairs and basic plumbing yourself, rather than calling in an expensive contractor. In this course you will learn the basics of home maintenance, interior design and renovation.
The course is written by experts in the field of home improvement and it contains step-by-step videos that will instruct you in invaluable household tasks such as changing a light fitting, basic plumbing repairs, toilet maintenance and renovation tasks like laying a floor.
The flexible nature of the course means you can learn at your own pace depending on other commitments. The nature of online learning enables you to study anytime, anywhere at your convenience.
We use only the world’s finest instructors who have a minimum of 15 years real world experience and are experts in their fields. Unlike a live class you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind your lectures, enabling you to fully understand each topic before moving on. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefits of hands on training with the flexibility of fitting it in around your busy schedule.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Basics of gardening and garden design - Learn the basics of gardening, from planning to maintenance and how this will enable you to plan, purchase, plant and maintain a garden to suit the natural environment and garden characteristics.
- Survey, site appraisal and measuring techniques - Before planning a garden it’s important to carry out a survey on the proposed plot of land. Learn how to do this using survey maps, photographs and site survey check lists.
- Landscaping - Learn about the types of landscaping materials and surfaces that can be used in all types of gardens including stone, concrete, wood, gravel and glass.
- Plant selection and care - Learn how to choose the correct plants for the natural environment, how to take care of them, how much care and maintenance different plants require and which ones are sustainable.
- Vegetable and herb gardens - Growing vegetables and herbs is very rewarding. Learn how to grow and care for vegetables and herbs and reap bumper crops.
- Running your own gardening business - Learn how to set up your own gardening business, how to market your business, the health and safety laws you need to abide by, insurance, tax and VAT issues and much more.
The course will teach you the basics of home maintenance, interior design and renovation. The course is written by experts in the field of home improvement and contains step-by-step videos that will show you exactly how each task is performed.The focus areas are:
- Introduction and basic repairs - Learn what kind of tools are needed for basic home maintenance and begin to learn how to undertake simple household repairs including blinds, ceiling fans, cupboard doors, door stoppers and taps.
- Intermediate repairs - Learn more advanced skills and techniques such as filling holes, laying a floor, fixing the inside of a door knob, fitting new light fixtures and light switches.
- Advanced repairs - In this module you’ll move onto more complex maintenance such as plumbing, putting up shelves, toilet repairs, weather stripping and fitting window locks.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- A detailed yet easy to understand course syllabus broken down into 29 manageable chunks that make learning easy
- Improve your career prospects with a verified certifiable qualification
- Complete the course test and receive a qualification and certificate
- Once qualified you can use the GDMD logo on your promo materials
- Learn at your own pace and fully understand each module before moving on
- Study anywhere and at any time at your convenience.
Learning these techniques will enable you to tackle any element of your home with skill and confidence – you’ll basically become your own handyman and will be able to save lots of money on hiring a contractor to help if something goes wrong. Further benefits include:
- A thorough understanding of tools and how to use them
- The necessary skills to tackle almost any home improvement or DIY task
- Learn practical skills from highly trained instructors
- Learn at your own pace and fully understand each module