Primary Maths Grade 1 - 2B
As the leader in the European Programme for International Student Development (PISA) report into the academic outcomes of European countries, the Finnish method of teaching maths to young children is rightfully gaining popularity in other nations. This great value bundle of online course material is designed to give UK children access to this leading and innovative programme.
What Does It Include?
The child as an individual is firmly at the heart of the experience as the course content is visually appealing and easy to engage with. Children learn through specially designed interactive puzzles and games that highlight the practical mathematical problems that they come across in their day to day lives. This means learning is easy to relate to the real world rather than based on theory alone. In 321 math! 2B, the subjects covered are Measuring Tools, Multiplication and Division, Numbers up to 1000 and Investigate and Experiment.
How Does It Work?
Access to the lessons is online, meaning children can learn at a time and in a place that suits them. This makes the course content a flexible and enjoyable way for a child to improve their mathematical skillset either in an education setting or in the comfort of home.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Progress through the lessons to build maths confidence and knowledge.
- Explore an introduction to measuring in everyday situations.
- Develop the ability to read and mark full hours and half hours on the clock.
- Learn about the concept of a quarter of an hour.
- Make simple calculations on the clock as you explore the passage of time.
- Learn to mark hour lapses and differentiate between earlier and later.
- Get an introduction to the centimetre and start to learn how to estimate and measure length.
- Start to learn about millimetres through measuring and drawing exercises.
- Practise more measuring with an introduction to the meter.
- Explore the concept of the kilometre.
- Become familiar with the kilogram with exercises estimating mass and measuring it with a pan balance.
- Learn about grams and their relation to a kilogram.
- Find out how to estimate volume using litres and decilitres.
- Learn about converting litres to decilitres and vice versa with practical exercises relating to converting units in recipes.
- Try some more puzzles and games before completing the verification lesson and the graphical exercises.
Multiplication and Division
- Start with an introduction to multiplication in real world scenarios.
- Learn about partitive division and quotative division.
- Get an introduction to the concepts of half, quarter and third.
- Prepare to start fractions by learning to divide into equal parts.
- Complete a lesson consolidating the new knowledge gained.
- Work on some more puzzles and games before tackling the verification lesson and some graphical exercises.
Numbers up to 1000
- Through puzzles and money based and other exercises, learn about numbers with full hundreds up to a thousand.
- Get familiar with numbers with full hundreds and tens up to a thousand before moving on to numbers with hundreds, tens and ones.
- Have a go at ordering numbers up to 1000.
- Use number line activities to develop visual analysis and synthesis.
- Learn to compare numbers, including roman numerals.
- Learn to add numbers up to 1000 using full hundreds and consolidate knowledge of the decimal system and reading data from charts.
- Learn to add numbers up to 1000 using full tens with puzzles and logical exercises.
- Learn to add numbers up to 1000 including ones and tackle an introduction to calculation using graphs.
- Explore subtracting numbers up to 1000 using full hundreds and complete puzzles on reading map distances.
- Learn to subtract tens and ones from numbers up to 1000.
- Get to grips with column adding and subtraction without crossing the threshold of ten.
- Become familiar with currency (EUROS + CENTS)
- Attempt some more puzzles and games, consolidate learning with another lesson and do some drawing exercises.
Investigate and Experiment
- Start with a research task on collecting and ordering data, plotting a graph and reading the resulting data.
- Use practical activities to develop the skill of dividing into equal parts.
- Embark on a paper folding task to make a paper hat and do multiplication exercises.
- Explore probability theory by throwing dice.
- Finish with some maths problems that promote the mastery of multiplication.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Study on all your devices, 24/7.
- Technical support is on hand if you encounter problems.
- Access to the course content is for 12 months.
- The course content is designed to bridge the gap between formal and informal learning.
- Adaptive exercises can easily be adjusted to the pupil’s own level.
- ICT skills are incorporated and a positive attitude and active role in everyday maths and mathematical thinking are embedded in the multisensory course content.
- A child centred approach is at the forefront of all activities.
- Rewards on completion of tasks foster motivation.
- Explore the state of the art fully interactive demo lessons before you sign up.
- Using this new approach doesn’t just unlock learning, it instils an enjoyment of maths.
Invest in a child’s maths skillset today by signing up to 321 math! 2B.
- Time to the Hour and the Half Hour
- Elapsed Time
- To and Past
- Millimetres and Centimetres
- Grams and Kilograms
- Liters and Deciliters
- What I Have Learned
- Multiplication and Division
- Revise Multiplying by 2 and 4
- Revise Multiplying by 5 and 10
- Revise Multiplying by 3
- Revise Multiplying by 3
- Partitive Division
- Quotative Division
- Half, a Quarter and a Third
- Divide into Equal Parts
- What I Have Learned
- Numbers up to 1 000
- Hundreds and Tens
- Hundreds, Tens and Ones
- Number Sequences
- The Number Line
- Comparing Numbers
- Adding Hundreds
- Adding Tens
- Adding Ones
- Subtracting Hundreds
- Subtracting Tens
- Subtracting Ones
- The Standard Algorithm of Addition
- The Standard Algorithm of Subtraction
- Euros and Cents
- What I have Learned
- Investigate and Experiment
- Dividing into Equal Parts
- Folding Paper
- Throwing Dice
- Math Problems
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above